Wonder what "self-employment coaching" is all about?
I meet with clients by phone or virtual meetings to discuss and tackle challenges typically faced by business owners and those thinking about taking the leap into self-employment. We work through topics such as deciding whether/when to launch, making decisions about priorities, solving bureaucratic hassles, streamlining systems and managing technology.
Sessions focus on your priorities — and if you’re not sure what those are, I’ll help you figure them out. From systematizing to hiring help to untangling bookkeeping, I can help pinpoint the highest value tasks and outline plans to get them done.
- Get strategic support from an experienced advisor
- Discuss your ideas or challenges and get honest feedback
- Pursue your goals methodically, with supportive guidance
The road to self-employed success is never neat, linear or predictable.
As your business coach I can help you build confidence, flexibility and savvy in how you handle whatever is thrown at you.
I’ll help you:
- Understand your business model on a deep level, so you can refine it and flow with changing conditions
- Recognize your highest-value activities and tasks, and develop systems for them
- Hire and manage with confidence, and build value in your operation
As featured in:
What My Clients Say
Curator & Arts Consultant, The Necessarian
“I cannot say enough good things about my experience working with Peri! If you have questions concerning your business (big or small) or maybe just need a little objective perspective on your work, HIRE PERI.”
Program Director, La Esquinita
“Peri does a lot of things well, but I especially think she balances a clarity and toughness with a deep understanding of how humans work best (and recognizes how best to leverage individuality). Also, she’s just really cool!”
Drummer & Touring Musician
“Peri offered two or three solutions for managing our band within 30 minutes of our first meeting. We were able to implement her ideas immediately and streamline our processes (including booking, scheduling and even bookkeeping). Peri sees the big picture and small details in one fell swoop, tells it like it is without condescension, and demystifies the business side of being creative so we have more energy and time to make music!”
Co-Founder, Coffee + Creatives
“One of the rarest gifts when it comes to providing value to founders and business owners is to break down the mechanics behind business models, finance & accounting, promotion, intellectual property etc. and few do it as well as Peri. I always walk away knowing more and being able to take more action than I did before, whether it’s a talk, workshop, training, consulting, or coaching.”
Problem-solving. No judgments.
I help you do you.
My business coaching services can help you:
- Clarify your goals, identify stumbling blocks — both internal and external — and figure out how best to get from A to B
- Develop systems to help streamline businesses of all sizes
- Fine-tune your planning process and help you find your own unique workflow
- Transition into self-employment — whether it’s planned in advance or a sudden necessity — in line with your values and vision
- Use simple organizational methods and tools to manage your self-employment more effectively and profitably
Feel overwhelmed by your swirling ideas and to-do lists?
Let me help you achieve peak efficiency and hit the ground running in 2021!
After graduating law school in the '90s and being involved with independent publishing start-ups, I realized I liked the communications side of sharing legal information more than practicing law. So I took a job as an Editor at Nolo Press, and eventually started writing my own books on small business and nonprofits. I update my books every other year, so researching and writing are a large part of my self-employed life.
< No Systems | Optimal Systems >
I’ve always had a thing for breaking down processes — and I love nothing more than helping people turn a vision into reality.
I really enjoy helping untangle the following types of tasks/issues commonly faced by entrepreneurs and self-employed folks:
- Developing a business plan and ongoing planning habits
- Understanding which legal structure to use (such as a sole proprietorship, partnership, LLC or corporation)
- Tackling bureaucratic start-up hurdles
- Marketing and promoting your business on a budget
- Developing the online side of your business
- Implementing systems to grow your business
- Using simple and effective technology to manage money, projects and time
- Growing your business with contractors or employees
I'm not just an entrepreneurship nerd.
I believe deeply in the importance of honoring the personal side of how you pursue self-employment.
I can help you work on issues that commonly plague independent workers (myself included), like isolation, doubt, fear and anxiety.
I’m not a mental health professional (though I can refer you), but I am very aware of how these human experiences play a big part in our decision-making and achievement. I can help you pinpoint areas that might be holding you back.
Hiring a coach is more than just getting advice; it's an investment in your plans and goals.
Hope to work with you!
Join my email list and receive a FREE copy of my business kit, "DIY Strategic Plan Kit"!
I send periodic emails with business tips, new podcast episodes AND special deals and discounts for my coaching services. If you enter your Zip code I’ll also send occasional announcements about location-specific events. I’ll never sell or share your email – unsubscribe anytime. NO spam, just gravy. Join now!