What My Clients Say
Classes & Coaching
Want to take the leap into self-employment, but not sure where to start?
Need an experienced advisor to bounce ideas off and help you problem-solve?
Feel overwhelmed or stuck by your swirling ideas and to-do lists?
I can help.
Besides writing business books, I teach classes and work with clients — both individuals and groups/businesses/organizations — to help you move your plans forward. I’m experienced in helping folks work through all sorts of issues that vex the self-employed. My coaching services can help you:
- Clarify your goals, identify stumbling blocks — both internal and external — and figure out how best to get from A to B.
- Fine-tune your planning process and help you find your own unique workflow.
- Structure a venture, both in terms of legal structures and management systems.
- Transition into self-employment — whether it’s planned in advance or a sudden necessity — in line with your values and vision.
- Use simple organizational methods and tools to manage your self-employment more effectively and profitably.
Hiring a coach is more than just getting advice; it's an investment in your plans and goals.
I’ll help you see the big picture and help you make plans and take actions to get you where you want to be.
I’ve always had a thing for breaking down processes and I really enjoy helping untangle the following types of tasks/issues commonly faced by entrepreneurs and the self-employed:
- identifying a profitable niche
- developing an effective business plan
- understanding which legal structure to use (such as a sole proprietorship, partnership, LLC or corporation)
- tackling bureaucratic start-up hurdles
- marketing and promoting your business on a budget
- developing the online side of your business
- implementing systems to grow your business
- figuring out how to use technology to manage your business and its systems
- using simple and effective technology and systems to manage money, projects and time, and
- growing your business with contractors or employees.
Problem-solving. No judgments.
I can help you do you.
I’m not just wonky; I believe deeply in the importance of honoring the personal side of how you pursue self-employment. I can help you work on issues that commonly plague independent workers (and I am certainly not immune), like isolation, doubt, fear and anxiety. I’m not a mental health professional (though I can refer you), but I am very aware of how these human experiences play a big part in our decision-making and achievement. I can help you pinpoint areas that might be holding you back.
Don’t hesitate to contact me with questions or to see if I’m a good fit for your needs. If you’re wondering how coaching works, I offer tips for business coaching clients in this blog post. I can help people in just about any field or industry, but I do have specific expertise and long experience in publishing and communications. If your needs are especially industry-specific or otherwise outside my realm of expertise, I’ll tell you and give you any recommendations I may have for a better coach.
Purchase and Schedule Coaching or Classes
Below you’ll find a list of all the services currently offered, including 1) premium coaching packages, 2) quick coaching intro deals, and 3) classes. Coaching can be done by phone or Google Hangout, but classes tend to be in-person only, in Albuquerque New Mexico. If a class is location-specific, it will be noted in the class information. Fees are for individual for-profit clients; please contact me for group rates and nonprofit discounts, or any other questions.
Follow and "Like" my Facebook page for discounts and promotions! I generally put out a special deal each month or so, with up to 50% off my services.
1. Premium Coaching Packages
The road to self-employment is never neat, linear or predictable. While you may get all the answers you need in a single session, I find it more effective to work with individual clients for a specified time period during which I can be responsive to the ongoing questions that arise. Below, you can choose from packages of 1, 3 or 6 months of weekly coaching, or single coaching sessions.
2. Quick Coaching Intro Deals
Not sure if coaching would really help you? Wondering if my style is a good fit for your needs? I offer short-and-sweet (and value-priced) coaching deals to make it easy to give it a try. Sign up below.
3. Self-Employment Classes & Workshops
Besides one-on-one coaching, I also offer classes and workshops on self-employment basics and related topics. Current offerings appear below.